Greetings Friends and Quilters!
- As you are all well aware, we are still under a ‘stay home’ (whenever possible) mandate from the Governor, which has been extended until May 18th.
- Our May meeting is cancelled and the Board is contemplating several options for the June Social – including postponing it until September or another time.
- Congratulations! to Susan Burns, whose quilt was voted most representative of the Guild, by members, in person at the Charlton Sewing Center, where the quilts were displayed, or via email for those members who were caught off-guard by the closings of non-necessary businesses (as was I). For the ability to have the photos of the quilts available to vote on via email, we thank Jill H. A photo of Susan B.’s quilt is below. At some point, when the New England Quilt Museum re-opens, Susan’s quilt will be shown for a month.
- Many of the guild members have been devoting materials and time to sew face masks for health care workers, family members and friends, and donating them via the Charlton Sewing Center. Please see links on our Facebook page if you wish to participate.
- We are doing our best to keep in touch. The Modern Quilt Group of the CQG has opted to connect via Zoom for informal meetings, and a Dropbox for sharing photos. As always, if joining in on the challenges and sharing modern quilt projects is something you would like to do, please contact Sue Therriault at firstname.lastname@example.org. Chantal at email@example.com can send you tutorials and support for downloading and accessing the Zoom video app. She also set up the Dropbox for the group and can help with that if you are interested.
- Sue T summarized the video meeting:
“Our Modern Quilting Mini-group joined the virtual world last week. Chantal Little hosted a zoom meeting and created a Dropbox so that we were able to have a mini show and tell of our challenge quilts. The challenge was Traditional Churn Dash in a Modern Way and many of us displayed our quilted items via the Dropbox that she had created. We will be getting together (hopefully, in person) on July 18th. All are welcome. Just send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to let me know that you are interested. Thanks to Susan Detwiler, you can view our quilts on the website and facebook.”
- The Leicester Fall Harvest Fair is still on and Jill is looking for donations for the Guild Table to sell. Please see the Notice on Facebook or here on our site for additional information.
AS ALWAYS – BE SAFE AND BE WELL AND KEEP ON GOING AND SEWING!
Below are churn dash challenges from Chantal (berry colours); Monique (sliced churn dash in black orange white and blue); Sue T (deconstructed churn dash in white and teal); Joy R (luscious looking table mats); and Susan D (spring colours – will be a pillow cover).