NOTICE – OUR MEETING FOR MARCH 2020 WAS CANCELLED AND APRIL IS TO BE DETERMINED.
The Cornerstone Quilters Guild usually meets on the third Sunday of each month, September through May, from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. at the Charlton Baptist Church. There is no meeting in December and the June meeting is held on the second Sunday.
Members are encouraged to arrive after 1:00 p.m. to visit with members and to stop by various activity and event tables in the foyer before the meeting:
- Membership Table: Sign in and pick up your raffle ticket; bring your name tag and get a second raffle ticket! Pick up flyers of upcoming quilt shows and events. For more information about joining the guild, contact Membership Chair Gaye Kenyon.
- Hospitality Table: If you’re a new member, find a friendly face who will help you to navigate all the guild activities and pick up your orientation packet. If you’re a current member, volunteer to assist in greeting or showing visitors and new members around the meetings. For more information, contact Hospitality Chair Anne Covino.
- Workshop Table: View samples of upcoming workshop projects and register for these workshops. The cost is only $15 for most workshops. For more information and the current workshop schedule, check out our Workshop page and/or contact Workshop Coordinator Sue Therriault.
- Cornerstone Collectibles (aka the Dollar Table): Get some great bargains – gently used magazines, books, patterns, notions, and more – for just a dollar! To continue to keep this table stocked, please consider donating “quilt” related items, cotton quilting fabric, magazines in bundles of 5, notions, books & patterns (not too ancient-21st century, please), kits, etc. For more information, contact C-C Chairpersons Carol Cruttenden and/or Joanne Morin.
- Outreach Table: Pick up a charity quilt top kit or drop off a quilt top or pillowcase. Consider joining the Outreach Committee. For more information, check out the Outreach page and/or contact Outreach Chairperson Terri Donnelly.
- CQG Library: Librarians Joanne Carey and Sally Lemay have many great quilting DVD’s for our members to borrow. Stop by to see and chat with Joanne and Sally, find out what’s available, and pick up a DVD to view at home or with friends. The borrowing period is one month and some of the titles are listed under the Resources and Links page.
- Event Tables: From time to time, there are special events – Fall Retreat, YMCA Children’s Gift Program, the June social – held by and for members. Look for sign-up tables for these special events as you stroll through the foyer.
Our Hospitality Committee needs YOU!
Cornerstone Quilters has become a very active, well-established Guild. Our meetings are filled with opportunities to connect with friends and to join our friends in volunteer activities, workshops, and events. The lobby of Charlton Baptist Church is a beehive of activity as we scramble to accomplish everything before our meeting begins.
For a visitor or new member, passing through the lobby to the meeting is confusing and sometimes intimidating.
We strive to be the friendliest, most welcoming quilt guild around. Every guild member is a part of the Welcome Committee! Reach out – share a friendly greeting with those you do not know. Be aware of the special name tags of guests and new members. Help them feel welcome.
The Hospitality Committee needs Meeting Buddies! This can be a one meeting commitment to be available to assist a new member or guest. Explain the sign-in tables, introduce your “new friend” to others, and sit with him/her through the meeting. Help them feel connected so they will become active participants in the Guild.
At the beginning of each meeting, let the Hospitality Committee know you will be available to help for that day. We only need a few each meeting. It’s a great way to get involved and to help out a new member or guest.
Charlton Baptist Church, 50 Hammond Hill Road, Charlton Massachusetts 01507
Directions to Charlton Baptist Church
From Route 20:
- Take Route 20 to the light at Richardson Corner Road. If traveling westbound, turn right at the light. If traveling eastbound, turn left onto Oxbow Road (Oxbow Variety Store is at this corner).
- Follow Oxbow Road approximately 200 yards and bear left at the fork. This is Hammond Hill Road.
- Go approximately 1/4 mile and the church is on the right, a large gray building.
From Stafford Street (Worcester Area):
- Take Stafford Street west into Charlton.
- After crossing the bridge (which goes over the train tracks), continue about 1/4 mile and turn left onto Hammond Hill Road.
- Go down Hammond Hill Road for about 1 mile and the church is on the left.