NOTICES OF ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
NEQM – AUGUST 7 thru SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 – The NEQM in Lowell MA is having A Summer Celebration of New England Quilts. This is a Free Community Festival from August 7 through September 8, 2019. You can visit their website or call them for directions if you have never been there. The address is 18 Shattuck Street, Lowell MA. Phone (978) 452-4207. nequiltmuseum.org. Hours are Tues – Sun 10 am – 4pm. The museum is a wonderful and inspiring destination – with a nice gift shop – and it is not too early to do Christmas/Holiday shopping!
September 12, 13 & 14, 2019 – Original Sewing & Quilt EXPO http://www.sewingexpo.com
- Description: The Original Sewing and Quilt Expo is your source for creativity. Featuring over 200 hands-on workshops and seminars, fashion shows, quilts, dolls, wearable art, stage presentations and the latest innovations in sewing technology. There are seminars and workshops for nearly every sewing and quilting interest, all taught by internationally known teachers ready to share new ideas, trends and their most successful techniques with you and your friends.
- Location: DCU Center, 50 Foster Street, Worcester MA 01608
- Additional Features: Commercial Vendors, Designated Parking, Gate Admission,
- Handicapped Access
- Hours: Thurs-Fri. 10am-6pm, Sat. 10am-5pm
- Phone Number: (888) 699-6309 / Alt. Phone Number: (440) 899-6300
- Fax Number: (440) 899-6302
- Admission Charge
Bennington Quiltfest – Sep. 14, 2019 – Sep. 15, 2019
New quilts, demonstrations, quilt raffle, challenge quilts, vendors, Quiltfest Cafe, breakfast and lunch, Consignment Boutique, People’s Choice Awards, and Special Exhibit. Sponsor: Quiet Valley Quilt Guild
- Old Deerfield Fall Craft Fair and Quilt Fest
- Sat, Sep 21, 2019 – Sun, Sep 22, 2019 / ADMISSION CHARGE
- Description: Features over 230 exhibitors displaying and selling a wonderful variety of crafts includes quilts, baskets, wood carvings, pottery, dolls, dried flower arrangements, teddy bears, decoys, tin, theorem, stenciling, jewelry and more.
- Location: Memorial Hall Museum, 8 Memorial Street, Deerfield, MA 01342
- Additional Features: Commercial Vendors, Crafts, Designated Parking, Gate Admission, Handicapped Access
- Hours: Sat. 10am-5pm, Sun. 10am-4pm
- Phone Number: (413) 774-7476
Merrimack Valley Quilters Guild Annual Quilt Show – Stellar
- Fri Sept 27 – Sat Sept 28 2019. Hours 9 am -4 pm
- Admission – $8
- Locations: Hope Community Church, 11 Hale Street, Newburyport
- Description: Juried and Non-Juried Quilts / Silent Auction / Vendors / Penny Raffle / Member Boutique / White Elephant / Featured Quilter -see work which one of our members has done over their quilting career.
- Contact Website: https://mvquilters.org/
MODERN QUILT ENTHUSIASTS – October 12, 2019 – Consider joining our mini-group devoted to modern quilts and quilting. Our next meeting will be held on Saturday, October 12th from 10 am to noon at the Charlton Library in Charlton. (to be confirmed). The challenge for this meeting is “Negative Space and Fall Colours”. Contact Sue Therriault at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
YANKEE QUILTERS INVITATION TO WORKSHOP – Eva Paige Quilt Designs – October 19, 2019 – HSTs – “The Carpenter’s Apprentice”
- Maximize number of fabrics in scrappy HST based quilts-
- Learn the ins and outs of the process
- Adding WOW to your scraps
- Take the Accordion Sewn HST technique and up the ante just a bit
- We sew all the HSTs needed for The Carpenter’s Apprentice pattern by Eva
Paige Quilt Designs ALMOST at once
- Keeping it all scrappy and with no waste
- Adapt this HST sewing method to more quilts!
- Pattern required
Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Central St., Holliston, MA 01746
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cost: Members of a Quilt Guild $45.00 / Non-Members $50.00
Reservations are based on availability.
For reservations email email@example.com with Programming Workshop in the subject line
Mail payment to: Yankee Quilters, Inc., P.O. Box 53, Franklin, MA 02038
If you would like a copy of the flyer for this event, which shows a photo of the project they will be piecing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ninigret Quilters 2019 Quilt Show
Oct. 18, 2019 – Oct. 20, 2019
Hours will be from 10 am – 4 pm each day This year’s raffle quilt is “Ocean Sunset” based on Diane Beaubein’s pattern “Simply Stunning.” Raffle tickets are $1 Each/6 for $5.00. Tickets can be purchased both prior to the show from any member, or at the show. View over 100 member quilts, visit local quilting vendors, enjoy our snack area Basket Raffle – more than 20 beautiful themed baskets to take a chance on. The baskets will be raffled off on Sunday. Periodic demonstrations of quilting techniques throughout the show – want to learn something new or brush up on an old skill – stop by our demo area! We hope to see you at the show.
CQG RETREAT – The CQG 2019 Retreat will be held at the Woodbound Inn in Rindge, NH from Friday, October 25 through Sunday, October 27. Great Fun will be had by all! Committee members are Ruth Haynes, Judy Bachand, and Sue Therriault. Rooms are still available.
RETREATS – DEDICATED QUILTING WEEKENDS ON THE CAPE October 31, November 1st, 2nd, & 3rd and November 14th, 15th & 16th and 27th. For more information contact Penny Bartlett at 508-477-8559 or Pam Mulveyhill at 508- 776-1280.